volo view 3 "failed to open xxx"
crapapple
2003-07-07 15:44:18 UTC
Jeff, <p>I just experienced the same problem after installing VVE 2.01 build 811. Something about "Unsupported drawing format.: \\'server'\'filename'.dwg". Then I hit OK and I get another popup saying "Failed to open: \\'server'\'filename'.dwg." I am using WXP Pro. <p>To correct this infuriation I moved the .dwg to a new folder which I named "C:\tempvolo". From this new folder the file proved quite openable. <p>I hope this helps your situation.
pearnest
2003-07-09 20:06:52 UTC
I have also just installed VV3 on winxp Pro pc and also cannot open any dxf files. I get the same message of "failed to open xyz.dxf". I am able to open dwg files. I did try moving the dxf files to the C: drive figuring maybe I couldn't open them across the network but that didn't make any difference. I can go to another PC which has VVE2 and view these dxf's without any problem. <p>Pat
mkseet
2003-07-28 13:29:49 UTC
jeff, i just install VV , and the autocad files in C drive under autocad folder, my OS is windowMe.the files are in dwg format done in 1999...can't remember which version of autocad used...why i am unable to open the dwg files? i have tried to reinstall and install VV twice...why??
BIMMAC
2003-08-01 10:37:05 UTC
Guess what so do I, its lovely software isnt it, and @ 45 Chid its a blatent rip off
chall1
2003-08-04 17:05:20 UTC
I am getting the same. The Volo View program obviously has a problem working under Windows XP Professional. It will NOT open any xx.dwg files at all. I get the same stupid error on each of over 20 drawing files. Does anyone at AutoDesk read these discussions? If so, they need to put out a fix for this and acknowledge the problem. <p>JCH
lsaapedd
2003-08-19 16:19:33 UTC